Due to the Coronavirus situation, Dr Reece initially suspended all his routine outpatient clinics, as Bushey lent it's site and services to support non-acute work for the local NHS trust. Dr Reece was also involved in supporting the acute paediatric service at Watford General Hospital, his NHS base. So all face-to-face consultations have stopped. As of the end of April that remains the case.
However a facility to run secure virtual clinical consultations over a video conference platform, Zoom, has been made available or a telephone consultation may be appropriate.
Dr Reece will be happy to consider offering a 'Zoom Consultation' at a mutually convenient time, usually early evening, if you have concerns about your child you wish to have further assessment.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VIDEO/TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS
1. The virtual consultation does not replace a face-to-face consultation.
2. It is more difficult to see new patients with new problems, but may be possible depending on the issue.
3. The medical assessment is LIMITED because no physical examination is possible.
4. The consultation is charged at the same rate as a face-to-face consultation.
5. If you are insured, and covered for the virtual consultation, you will need to provide written evidence of authorisation PRIOR to the appointment.
If you have concerns about your child’s health and cannot get a virtual private consultation soon enough PLEASE contact your GP, call NHS111 or attend your local Emergency Department (A&E) - all these services remain open for you and your children if you are worried about them.
Spire Bushey Hospital
Thursday afternoon 2-4.30pm
020 8901 5555