Dr Reece is a General Paediatrician and has specialism in many common problems of babies, children and adolescence.
Common problems which he is referred include:
• abdominal pain
• allergies including food allergies*
• headaches and migraine
• recurrent cough or wheeze
• urinary tract infection
• wetting including bed wetting
* Dr Reece works in the allergy clinic in his NHS practice in which it is possible to have an allergy test on the day. Unfortunately it is not possilbe to do allergy tests (for example, skin prick tests) in his private clinic due to governance and practical reasons. Sometime a blood test can be done to assess for immediate allergy and that is available privately.
Spire Bushey Hospital
Thursday afternoon 2-4.30pm
020 8901 5555
The following problems are not the sort of problems which Dr Reece can assess in his Private clinic:
• acute illness - children with high fever or who are acutely unwell; it is best to see your Primary Care doctor (GP),
• known psychiatric, behavioural or emotional issues - including hyperactivity and assessments for possible autism, especially if you are already known to a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service or Child & Family Clinic,
• educational difficulties including problems with learning, keeping up at school, and educational needs.
• developmental delay including speech delay, delay in attaining normal childhood milestones and dyspraxia.
• any safeguarding issue or child protection concern. The person or people with the concern have a duty to contact the local Social Care team and arrangements for an appropriate medical assessment will normally be made. Such assessments are not done privately.
Sometimes, for a specific problem, a specialist for the part of the body or for that particular problem would be best to assess your child. Dr Reece will make such referrals after he has seen them if that is appropriate.
If you want to check whether the problem is one that Dr Reece can help with, please discuss your referral with his secretary or e-mail.